Sunday, October 28, 2012

Moving Day!

Hi Blog Readers!

Well, it's hard to know where to begin. I have a backlog of pictures, stories, more pictures, more stories,  and lots and lots of news about what's been happening over the last week or so. But guess what....you're going to have to wait, because today is MOVING DAY! Well, maybe not 100% moving day. My teaching contract ended Friday and I'm now back on the old substitute list, and I booked a job for Monday...so I said NO WAY to moving everything into the house today and then actually having to sleep there, wake up with no shower/appliances/knowledge of where any of my belongings are and go to a sub job....so today we're just moving most of our things, leaving only our bed and clothes (and makeup...come on....) so that I can feel somewhat human tomorrow morning.

TJ probably would have been okay sleeping there, he won't feel human at all tomorrow anyway since he's the one having to move everything. I'm also on the fence about whether or not my dad will even make it to work tomorrow, since he's also moving everything. We tricked our across-the-hall neighbour (also named TJ) into helping us too, and he was awesome - just in case anyone is wondering, football coaches make excellent movers.

So now it's just me, some empty rooms, some empty boxes and a big echo left all alone in the apartment. I still can't believe that we're actually going to be moving into a house that we OWN. The most expensive thing I ever owned was a laptop, and we all know how that turned out. Hopefully if I spill soya sauce and Glade plug in oil on my house, the results won't be as destructive.


1 comment: